When you create a Scholarship Fund you invest in our community’s future
and show students you care. The Topeka Community Foundation provides
the expertise to help you meet your charitable goals by awarding scholarships to
deserving students. Your gift can help students achieve their educational dreams.
How it Works
- You make a gift to the Topeka Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated securities, real estate, or other assets.
- You sign a simple letter of direction, which establishes the fund, and choose a name for the fund. It may bear your name, the name of your family, the name of another person, or be a reflection of something that is important to you.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Our professional staff helps you determine the eligibility and selection criteria — based on a student’s field of study, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, or financial need, for example — for the Scholarship Fund you establish .
- We handle basic administrative details and award scholarships in the name of the fund, based on its value.
- Your gift is placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships.
- You can create a Scholarship Fund as a memorial to someone special, selecting eligibility criteria that exemplify that person’s goals and values.
- You may use it to express your educational values — or those of your family or business.
- It will help support students’ cost of education.
- Foundation staff perform all administrative tasks, from creating the scholarship application and publicizing its availability to coordinating the selection process, sending award letters and processing the payments.
- If the Scholarship Fund you establish is renewable, the Foundation’s team tracks performance to ensure that the recipients continue to meet the terms for scholarship support.
- You and others can add to the Scholarship Fund you establish at any
time, receiving tax benefits with each new gift.